White beans, tomatoes, and basil is one of my favorite combinations so when I got the idea of stuffing that into zucchini and topping everything with melted cheese, I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen. It's kind of like a white bean Parmesan but conveniently stuffed into a delicious roasted zucchini. The fiber packed white beans make it nice and filling and I prefer the diced tomatoes to a traditional marinara sauce. If you like things spicy, add some red pepper flakes to the mixture before stuffing the zucchini.
White Bean Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 5 U zucchini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 20 oz. canned white beans
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic clove, minced
- 14 oz canned diced Italian tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.