videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
White Bean, Barley, and Vegetable Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 20 oz. canned white beans
- 4 cups kale
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 4 U garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 U carrots, sliced
- 2 U stalks celery, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 U bay leaf
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- Salt and pepper
Sauté the white beans, kale, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and red pepper in the olive oil for about 10 minutes, until tender. Add the paprika, cumin, and coriander and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the vegetable broth, bay leaf, and barley. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Cook 25-30 minutes until barley is tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.