I love basically everything about this salad. Sweet roasted beets and carrots, nutty farro, and a simple yogurt balsamic dressing that is delish. Personally I love to eat this salad warm, although it is delicious cold as well. And if you don't like beets, you can use any other root vegetable you like. However I highly recommend giving the beets a chance. They are really amazing roasted and add a great earthiness and sweetness to the salad. I had never had one until about three years ago and now I am a total convert and a bit of a beet addict. For easier prep, I recommend making the roasted veggies and farro ahead of time. Then just toss it together with the dressing, spinach, and herbs to serve.
Warm Roasted Beet, Carrot, and Farro Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (dressing)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (dressing)
- 1 tbsp honey (dressing)
- 1 U shallot, diced (dressing)
- 3 U beets, peeled and chopped
- 3 U carrots, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup farro
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp. basil
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.