I could happily eat lettue and cabbage wraps for every meal. I just love staring out at a table full of fun toppings and being able to create my own little delicious wraps. While normally I reach for ground chicken or beef as the base for my wraps, lately I have been experimenting with vegetarian versions using quinoa, beans, and vegetarian crumbles since usually at least one person in my group is a vegetarian. Build your own lettuce wrap party anyone?
Vegetarian Thai Cabbage Wraps
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 20 oz. vegetarian crumbles
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp. cashews, chopped
- 1/2 U green cabbage, leaves
Heat half the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
Add the crumbles and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking it up as you cook.
Meanwhile, stir together the lime juice, soy sauce, water, red pepper flakes, sugar/Stevia if using, and remaining sesame oil.
Once the crumbles are cooked, add the sauce and turn off the heat. Toss with cilantro and cashews.
Serve in cabbage cups.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.