videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Vegetarian Taco Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U flour tortillas
- 1 lb. vegetarian crumbles
- 3/4 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 6 cups lettuce
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp. reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place tortillas directly on the oven racks and cook for 6-10 minutes until toasted.
Brown the crumbles in a skillet over medium high heat.
Meanwhile whisk together all of the spices to make your taco seasoning. Once the crumbles is browned, add the seasoning to the pan along with 2/3 cup water.
Simmer for five minutes.
Toss everything together or create each individual salads.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.