I have always had a love of one dish meals and one of my favorite is simple sausage and vegetable bakes. Using your favorite veggies, flavorful vegetarian sausages, and a little broth - you can create a delicious meal that your family will love. One note about this recipe. I used celery root but if you can't find it or its too expensive, use a hearty squash, turnips, or rutabaga instead.
Vegetarian Sausage, Kale, and Root Vegetable Bake
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U vegetarian Italian sausages, chopped or whole
- 1 lb. celery root, peeled and chopped (or turnips, rutabaga, squash)
- 1 lb. carrots, chopped (I used rainbow)
- 2 U bunches kale, chopped
- 1 U red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.