This Vegetarian Picadillo has all the flavors of a traditional picadillo without the meat. Perfect for tacos, rice bowls, and sandwiches.
While many people think of Picadillo as a Cuban dish, their is also a delicious Mexican version of picadillo made with chipotle peppers, tomato sauce, potatoes, and carrots. Normally it calls for ground beef, but vegetarian crumbles made the perfect substitute for a meatless version. You could also use lentils, black beans, or even finely chopped tempeh. Everything is simmered together until you get a rich, spicy dish that will quickly become a family favorite.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 U onion, diced
- 3 U cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 U carrots, diced
- 1 lb vegetarian crumbles
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 U jalapenos
- 1 U potato, peeled and diced small
- 18 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.