I couldn't be more excited to being adding soups and stews back to the weekly lunch and dinner rotation. After a long and hot few months, I am looking forward to bundling up inside with a hearty soup. Although I normally make this soup with chickpeas, I had a few friends coming over who try to eat Paleo and low carb so I opted for a version with just turkey sausage, kale, and butternut squash. If you are realy cutting back on carbs you could use cauliflower, broccoli, or pumpkin. Also as you would expect, this freezes great so don't be afriad to double up the recipe and keep it stored away for quick meals in the future.
Turkey Sausage, Kale, Butternut Squash Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, minced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey sausage (ground turkey, beef, or chicken for Whole30)
- 2 U celery ribs, chopped
- 1 U carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped (lower carb replace with 3 cups pumpkin, zucchini, or cauliflower)
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1 U bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 U lemon
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.