Turkey Pot Pie
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 U carrots, diced
- 2 U celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 U onion, diced
- 1 U clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 U potato, chopped
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded turkey breast
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz. reduced fat biscuit dough (4 biscuits, cut in half)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and cook for three minutes.
Add the flour and cook for two more minutes.
Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and cook for about 7 minutes or until tender.
Stir in the broccoli and turkey. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Taste and add extra seasoning as needed.
Pour into a large pie plate or round baking dish. Slice each biscuit in half and cover the top of the pie with the biscuit halves. Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with some sea salt and fresh ground pepper before baking.
Bake for 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.