Tomato Ginger Chicken Noodle Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 U celery stalks, diced
- 3 U garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 12 oz kelp noodles, rinsed and cut into smaller pieces
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat with olive oil. When hot add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 8-10 minutes until fragrant and veggies are beginning to soften.
Stir in the tomato paste. Add the chicken and chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred it. Add it back to the pot along with the soy sauce a, kelp noodles, and Sriracha if you are using it. Let cook for 5 minutes or until kelp noodles are soft.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.