- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 lb tomatillos, husks removed
- 6 U garlic cloves
- 2 U medium jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp all purpose flour (leave out for Paleo/low-carb/gluten free, Whole30®)
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (or thighs)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
Preheat the broiler to high. Place the tomatillos, whole garlic cloves, and jalapenos on a baking sheet. Broil for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through until lightly charred. Alternatively you could grill these in a basket until charred.
Add to a blender along with cilantro and chicken broth. Blend until smooth.
Toss the chicken breast with flour, salt, and pepper.
Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side until browned. Flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Add the tomatillo sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
If making it creamy, turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream. Make sure to adjust calories and PointsPlus®.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.