There is this hole in the wall vegetarian restaurant near me that makes killer brown rice spring rolls. They come in all different flavors, but my favorite are the curry flavored rolls. Since these are a great healthy option but a really expensive one, I have been experimenting with making my own at home.
Instead of brown rice, I decided to start with rainbow quinoa since it has a bit more protein and iron than brown rice. From there, I knew I wanted traditional Thai flavors so I went with curry pasta, lime juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce and blended that into a bit of light mayonnaise to make the sauce. If you try and stay away from sugar, you could eliminate or replace the brown sugar and you could use yogurt instead of mayonnaise. In terms of vegetables, I wanted something nice and crunchy so I reached for cucumbers, cabbage, and red pepper. That's pretty much it.
Thai Rainbow Quinoa Salad Rolls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 cup rainbow quinoa
- 4 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 4 tsp. green curry paste
- 4 tsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 U cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 U red pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 U rice paper spring roll wrappers
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.