I am pretty much obsessed with green papaya salad since a recent trip to Thailand but it is so hard to find green papayas. Literally six stores later, including two specialty Asian markets, and no green papaya to be found. So I decided to make a salad inspired by traditional green papaya salad using mangoes. If you want a more traditional version, look for unripe mangoes – the greener the better. For a sweeter version, ripe mangoes work great. It’s delicious both ways and the perfect side dish for warmer months.
Thai Inspired Mango Slaw
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U garlic cloves
- 1 U Thai red chili (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 U lime, juice
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp. palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 U mangoes, peeled and cut into matchsticks or shredded
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp. peanuts
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
If you have a mortar and pestle, add the garlic and red chiles and pound roughly a few times. The more you pound it down, the stronger the garlic flavor and more heat you will get. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, just use a wooden spoon in a bowl to press into the garlic and peppers a few times.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.