One of my favorite healthy lunches is stuffed zucchini and summer squash. I like to make up a big batch on Sunday and then eat it throughout the week for a quick veggie packed lunch I can feel good about. Lately I have been on an enchilada kick and using enchilada sauce on everything from eggs to rice to these simple black bean stuffed squash. Between the earthy black beans, spciy enchilada sauce, and melty cheese, they make a satisfying and delicious meal.
Tex Mex Stuffed Summer Squash with Black Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U summer squash (or zucchini)
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.