Sweet Potato, Avocado, and Tomato Toast makes a delicious healthy breakfast or snack that's also Whole30 and Paleo friendly.
My best friend just started the Whole30 and the one thing she misses most is toast. She was a serious toast addict, I'm talking at least one serving (probably 2-3) of avocado toast, peanut butter and banana toast, and about one hundred other combinations she regularly created. For her the only way she was going to complete a Whole30, was to find a delicious replacement for her beloved toast and this simple sweet potato toast was it. Simple sliced sweet potato cooked in the toaster until lightly browned and tender and topped with all her favorite things. Since her go-to is avocado, tomato, olive oil, and loads of salt and pepper - I decided to share that version today. It's delicious as is and can be topped with an egg, smoked salmon, bacon, or cheese depending on your hunger and dietary needs.
Looking for more sweet potato toast ideas? Check out this almond butter and banana version!
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sweet Potato, Avocado, and Tomato Toast
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Carefully slice the sweet potato into 1/4 inch thick pieces. You can decide to peel the sweet potato first or leave the skin on.
- Place the sweet potato in the toaster on the high setting. Cook through 2-3 cycles until sweet potato is cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- Spread the slices with avocado (mashed or sliced), tomato slices, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.