Egg casseroles are one of my favorite things to make on the weekends since they make perfect leftovers for breakfasts and lunches during the week. Lately I have been putting sweet potatoes and spinach in almost everything, so it's no surprise that they made an appearance in this casserole as well. Although I didn't add cheese, it would definitely be a great addition. I think goat cheese, feta, or fontina would all work great. You could also add more veggies. Mushrooms, bell peppers, or shredded cabbage would all be delicious.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to the pan. Once hot, add the sweet potatoes and red onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the potato and onion are tender, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water if burning. Add the salt, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper. Stir together. Add the spinach and cook until it wilts, 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs. Add the potato mixture to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the eggs over top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until eggs set and are cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.