Many times when I am preparing meatless meals, my head immediately thinks about Indian food and all the delicious vegetarian dishes that abound in their cooking. This particular recipe took its inspiration from Indian cooking and truthfully was a bit of a mash up of ingredients I had in the house. I love the combination of coconut milk and curry powder and the sweet potatoes and lentils rounded everything out nicely with some spinach for greens. Kale would be delicious as well.
Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, minced
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 14 oz canned light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.