Sweet potatoes, creamy avocado, and earthy kale make the perfect combination for a delicious, hearty, and healthy salad. The simple salad comes together in just a few minutes but will quickly become one of your favorites for a quick lunch or dinner. I like to prep the massaged kale and sweet potatoes on the weekend so that I can quickly make the salad during the week. You can add in any veggies you have at home, but I highly recommend including an apple or pear to add some sweetness and crunch to the salad. You could also toss in some fresh herbs, nuts, seeds, or dried fruit.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sweet Potato and Avocado Kale Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 6 cups kale
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (or honey or leave out for Whole30)
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1/2 U lemon, juice
- 2 U apples, chopped
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1 U cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 U sweet potatoes
- 1 U avocado
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and mustard. Massage into the kale for 1-2 minutes until kale begins to soften.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork or knife. Microwave for 6-8 minutes until tender. You can also bake it in the oven. Carefully chop.
- Toss everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.