Sunday Slow Cooker: Rustic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 U celery stalks, chopped
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 72 oz. can whole tomatoes with juices
- 14 oz. roasted red peppers in water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 U bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
Add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Blend in batches with a blender or use an immersion blender. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
For a creamy tomato soup – stir 1/2 cup half and half before blending.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.