videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sunday Slow Cooker: Eggplant Bolognese
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs eggplant, chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 28 oz. canned whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 U bay leaf
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the meat, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until browned.
Add the browned meat to the crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together.
Cook for 6-8 hours on low until the eggplant completely breaks down.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.