Sunday Slow Cooker: Asian Shredded Beef
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lb lean eye of round beef roast
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 2 tbsp ketchup (no sugar added if needed)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 8 U cloves garlic, whole
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and minced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, sesame seeds, ginger, and hot sauce if you are using it.
Stir in the onion, jalapenos, and garlic cloves.
Place beef in the slow cooker and pour the sauce over the beef. Cook on low for 8 hours until beef is fork tender. Shred and let hang out in the crock pot for 30 minutes more for all the juices to combine.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.