Summer Strawberry Cake
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup Splenda sugar blend
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 U egg
- 3/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and mix together removing any clumps. In another bowl, cream together the butter and eggs. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Slowly stir the wet and dry ingredients together until mixed. Try not to over mix or the cake will become tough. The tough will be a little sticky
Pour everything into a round cake pan. Place the strawberries in the top of the cake. You could also chop 1/2 of the strawberries into smaller pieces and mix them into the dough if you desire. Sprinkle the top with brown sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.