One of the meatless meals I make the most often is quinoa bowls or skillets packed with veggies. Not only are they simple and nutritious, they are packed with flavor when you add herbs, fresh citrus juice, and fresh veggies. For this simple quinoa skillet, I love the combination of summer squash, cherry tomatoes, corn, and basil. Everything comes together with a touch of olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and Parmesan cheese to make a delicious dish. You could substitute zucchini, canned diced tomatoes, and any fresh herbs depending on what you have on hand. You can also add some extra protein and fiber by adding chickpeas or white beans to the mix.
Summer Squash, Corn, and Tomato Quinoa Skillet
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 U summer squash, sliced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn (fresh, defrosted, or canned and drained)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1 U lemon
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.