Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix packed with pretzels, coconut, almonds, dried cranberries, and cinnamon cereal is the perfect snack. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VONS and Pavilions. The opinions and text are all mine.
Last week we got together with some of our favorite people to do just that - spend a day together outside in the sun. We started with an adventurous hike along the coastline in Malibu, then spent time chatting over delicious food, and connecting after what has been a crazy summer. It was the perfect summer day and one I can’t wait to repeat.
Now the key to any great picnic or summer adventure is gathering tons of tasty provisions to fuel your day. That’s why I teamed up with my local Los Angeles Vons & Pavilions to grab some of my favorite things to create the perfect picnic. With a huge selection of healthy prepared foods, cheeses, fruits, veggies, and snacks – it’s a one stop shop for everything you need.
To get our picnic menu started, I stocked up on roasted chicken, sliced watermelon, and spinach salad. Then I moved on to my favorite part – the snacks! Since any good picnic needs chips, I grabbed some Veggie Harvest Tomato Basil and Cheese SunChips (they are so good and have just 140 calories per serving!) and Cinnamon Life Cereal for an amazing sweet and savory snack mix (recipe below). Finally, I reached for Aquafina bottled water since I knew we would all be thirsty after the hike.
Ready to get in on the action and plan your own summer adventure? Now through August 17th, you can enter to win a $500 grocery gift card by shopping at the Albertsons Companies family of stores and showing them how you #FuelURAdventure. Plus you’ll earn 4X Gas Reward Points as part of their Anniversary sale.
1. Take a photo featuring one or more participating PepsiCo products (see below) showing how they fuel your summer adventure
- Quaker Cap’n Crunch (14 oz.)
- Gatorade G2 Lemon Lime (32 oz.)
- Lay’s Classic Potato Chips (family size 10.75 oz.)
- Tostitos Scoops (10 oz.)
- Quaker Life Cereal (13 oz.)
- Aquafina bottled water (24pk 16.9 oz. bottles)
- Gatorade (32 oz.)
- XL Sunchips Veggie Harvest Tomato Basil and Cheese (7 oz.)
2. Share the photo on Twitter, Instagram or the contest site
3. Use #FuelURAdventure
4. Don’t forget to @ mention / tag your local store!!
- I can find all these great products here at my local Vons & Pavilions—be sure to check out these great products at your local Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Market Street.
* For official rules and more details, visit their contest site here
Summer Picnics and Cinnamon Sugar Snack Mix
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Add the Cinnamon Life Cereal, pretzels, almonds, and coconut to a large bowl. Mix the cinnamon and salt in to the melted butter. Drizzle this over the Life Cereal mix and toss together with your hands or a spoon.
Spread out onto two sheet pans. Bake for 1 hour, shaking the pan every 15 minutes. Let cool and stir in the dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.