Recently over dinner a friend posed a simple question asking about everyones' favorite vegetable. Surprisingly I struggled to find an answer and having been pondering it over the last few days. There are just so many good ones, I don't know if I can choose a favorite. However if I think back to my childhood and even college days, sugar snap peas would rank up there as a favorite. The are delicious raw or cooked and I love the sweet crunch. One of my favorite recipes for sugar snap peas is this simple farro salad with dried cranberries. It's hearty and tasty and gets better after a night in the fridge.
Sugar Snap Pea and Farro Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 cups farro
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 U lemon, juice (or more)
- 8 cups arugula
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.