Now that it's a bit colder, I find myself reaching for soups and stuffed potatoes instead of salads and wraps. There is just something more comforting about a heartier lunch when it's chilly outside. This simple stuffed sweet potato is packed with flavor and nutrition from quickly sauteed kale, garlic, onions, and chickpeas. Then everything is topped with a creamy sesame sauce made with tahini and lemon juice. It's easy to make ahead of time if you need to pack your lunch. Just bake (or microwave) the potatoes, saute the kale and chickpeas, and whisk together the sauce. Then pack each item separately and assemble at work.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Stuffed Sweet Potato with Kale, Chickpeas, and Creamy Sesame Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U sweet potato
- 2 cups kale, chopped (Lacinto or curly)
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the sweet potato in the oven or microwave. To cook in oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Pierce potato with knife or fork and wrap in foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes until tender. To microwave, pierce with knife or fork. Microwave for 4-7 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile spray a pan with cooking spray. Add the kale and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes, adding 1-2 tbsp. of water if it begins to stick. Add the garlic and chickpeas. Cook 2-3 minutes until kale is tender. Add the paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir together the tahini, lemon juice, and water. Season with salt and pepper. Top the potato with kale and chickpea mixture and drizzle sauce on top.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.