Now that it's a bit colder, I find myself reaching for soups and stuffed potatoes instead of salads and wraps. There is just something more comforting about a heartier lunch when it's chilly outside. This simple stuffed sweet potato is packed with flavor and nutrition from quickly sauteed kale, garlic, onions, and chickpeas. Then everything is topped with a creamy sesame sauce made with tahini and lemon juice. It's easy to make ahead of time if you need to pack your lunch. Just bake (or microwave) the potatoes, saute the kale and chickpeas, and whisk together the sauce. Then pack each item separately and assemble at work.
Stuffed Sweet Potato with Kale, Chickpeas, and Creamy Sesame Sauce
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U sweet potato
- 2 cups kale, chopped (Lacinto or curly)
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. tahini
- 1/2 tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.