I have always had a love of pulled pork but sometimes don't have time for the eight hours or so it normally takes to cook. However I recently discovered you can make a quick pulled pork on the stovetop using lean pork tenderloin, barbecue sauce, and a bit of chicken broth. The pork tenderloin cooks much more quickly than a traditional pork shoulder, which means it's ready in about twenty minutes. Plus it's much lower in calories and fat.
In terms of serving it, I recommend making these crunchy, sweet, delicious pulled pork tostadas. Between the crunchy baked tortilla, sweet pulled pork, cilantro, red onion, cabbage, and cheese - it's a seriously satisfying meal.
Stovetop Barbecue Pulled Pork Tostadas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. lean pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper
- 8 U corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 2 U tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.