videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Steak and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 lb. lean flank steak, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 U small sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 U peppers, seeded with tops cut off
- 4 U slices light Swiss cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the steak into thin strips. Toss with Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add the steak and cook for 4-6 minutes until just cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan (1/2 tbsp.) and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 4-6 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the steak to the onions and mushrooms.
- Stuff the steak, onion, and mushroom mixture into each pepper. Top with 1 slice cheese. Place in a baking dish and cook for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.