In my experience, vegetarian tacos are all too often one type of sad canned bean and some traditional taco accompaniments. There are no added spices, no fresh ingredients, no fun.
Today we set out to change that and make a bean taco that's delicious and packed with flavor. Instead of just using one bean, we are going to use a combination of black beans and chickpeas. To that we are going to add some spicy chipotles, onions, a green bell pepper, and corn. I recommend going with fresh corn if you can find it since it has more crunch and texture. Depending on how spicy you like things, feel free to use extra chipotles or add in a couple fresh jalapenos. Additionally, you could add 1-2 tbsp.of tomato paste if you want to add in a tomato flavor to the tacos. Since I normally have that covered in the salsa, I decided not to add it here, but it would be a great addition.
Spicy Two Bean and Corn Tacos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1.33 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 tbsp. cilantro
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.