Have you ever tried seitan before? It may just be one of my new favorite meat substitutes. The thing that stands out about it is the texture. It's hearty, almost meat like (which is probably why it's often called wheat meat), and really stays together when its cook. Plus it takes on flavor and marinades really well. This all makes it perfect for a stir-fry, like this Spicy Seitan, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-fry. The sauce is a simple, yet flavorful one, made with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, and as much Asian garlic chili paste as you can handle. We like to really load it in there since we love spice around here. Served with brown rice, quinoa, or some cauliflower rice - it's a delicious and healthy meal.
Spicy Seitan, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-fry
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 spice
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp cornstarch (or arrowroot for low carb)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.