I am in love with this vegetarian spicy peanut tofu dish. Between the creamy, slightly spicy, slightly sweet peanut sauce and the crispy veggies and tofu, this dish delivers in terms of flavor. It also comes together in under 30 minutes, which is always a bonus for busy weeknights.
A few notes about the recipe. If you can, I really recommend pressing the tofu using a tofu press of paper towels. It's the best way to make sure the tofu gets nice and crispy on the outside. In terms of veggies, you can basically use anything you have at home. Sugar snap peas, asparagus, eggplant, and bok choy are all great options. I have even used pumpkin or acorn squash (cooked first in the microwave) and love how it pairs with the peanut sauce. Lastly, adjust the spice to suit your tastes. You can leave it out completely or pack in even more depending on how hot you like things.
Spicy Peanut Tofu
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter (or PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp honey (or agave, can be left out or use Stevia for low carb)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 U carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Add sesame oil to a skillet over medium heat. Press the tofu and cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Add a touch of cooking spray to the skillet (just to make sure nothing sticks since we aren’t using a lot of oil) and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked browned. Remove and set aside.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.