Spiced Chicken, Corn, and Watermelon Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chile powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/16 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp. cooking oil
- 2 U ears corn, cut off the cob
- 6 cups kale (or other greens)
- 2 cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions (or red onion, chopped)
- salt and pepper
Bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer on the stove and let reduce for 15-20 minutes until it is nice and thick. This will serve as the dressing.
Meanwhile combine the paprika, cumin, chile powder, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Rub onto the chicken on both sides.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until seared and cooked through. Set aside.
Add the corn to the same skillet in one layer. Let cook for about 1 minute until beginning to brown and toss. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until browned and just tender.
Toss together all the remaining ingredients. Top with corn, chicken, and balsamic glaze.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.