Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp and Asparagus
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U spaghetti squash (large)
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked and large)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 U garlic cloves (or more)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup. chicken broth
- 1/16 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (if desired, leave out for Paleo/Whole30)
Cook spaghetti squash in microwave 7 minutes, or until tender. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and discard. Using a fork, scrape the squash and place in a bowl. Set aside. Put asparagus in second microwave safe dish, cover with plastic and heat 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet until warm, add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add onions, and cook until translucent. Take out of pan, and add to asparagus. Set aside.
Add shrimp, and cook until just warmed. Remove and add to asparagus/onion mix. Add spaghetti squash to skillet, and season with salt/pepper/red pepper flakes/parsley. When it begins to toast, add asparagus/onion mix and shrimp, and mix everything together until combined. Add chicken broth and combine. Cover and let simmer 5 minutes.
Place 2 cups of squash in a bowl, and top with 2 TBSP parmesan cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.