Stuffed zucchini and summer squash are one of my favorite things to make for low carb diners. Not only are they filling and delicious, they also are a great change from the traditional meat with a side of veggies meals that many low carb dieters frequently have. You can pretty much mix this up anyway you like, but I love this southwestern version with ground beef, green peppers, onion, tomatoes, spices, and of course a little cheese. They keep well so make extra for lunches or a quick dinner during the week.
Southwest Stuffed Summer Squash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 5 U summer squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 8 U scallions, chopped
- 1 U green pepper, diced
- 1.25 lbs 95% lean ground beef
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 10 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.