Southwest Mango, Black Bean, and Quinoa Bowls with avocado, red pepper, and a lime dressing is a hearty vegetarian dinner or side dish. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Southwest Mango, Black Bean, and Quinoa Bowls take grain bowls to another level with all your favorites - avocado, red peppers, quinoa, black beans, mango, and a delicious cilantro lime dressing.
Every week I make some kind of big salad packed with grains and veggies to have in the house for lunches and sometimes a quick dinner if we need it. Usually this salad ends up being a mishmash of whatever I have in the fridge, but this week I was craving mango and built this simple quinoa bowl around my favorite mango salsa recipe. It contains all the typical salsa ingredients - mango, lime juice, cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno. And I threw in some red peppers, avocado, and black beans to round out the meal. It's delicious, plus it can be made in advance and keeps really well in the fridge making them perfect for meal prep.
Southwest Mango, Black Bean, and Quinoa Bowls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 14 oz. canned black beans
- 2 U mango, chopped
- 1 U red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 U red onion, diced
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup avocado, chopped
- 2 U limes, juice only
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (more to taste)
- 4 cups arugula (or other green)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.