This time of year is all about soup for me. A cold day, lots of blankets, hearty soup, and some time to binge watch my latest TV obsession. Whereas I feel guilty spending a day like this when the sun is shining, as soon as it's cold I relish days like these.
This soup is a twist on a slow cooker soup I make all the time using chicken sausage. All I did was switch out the chicken sausage for vegetarian sausage since I had some veggie loving friends coming over. I like to use spinach but kale, Swiss chard, or any hearty greens will work great. You could also substitute tortellini for the gnocchi depending on what you have on hand.
Slow Cooker Vegetarian Sausage and Gnocchi Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 6 U vegetarian sausages, sliced
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 2 U carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 U celery ribs, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 20 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- 10 oz. package gnocchi
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Add the sausage, onion, carrots, celery, chicken broth, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and mushrooms to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
During the last hour of cooking add the spinach and gnocchi.
Serve with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.