Slow Cooker Vegetable Lasagna
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 U onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves
- 15 oz. reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 U egg
- 2 tsp. dried basil (or oregano)
- 9 U whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 26 oz. marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Add the vegetables, onion, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
Microwave the vegetables for 2-4 minutes until just tender. Squeeze out excess moisture. This step is important or the lasagna will be very watery.
Mix together the ricotta, egg, and basil. Stir in the veggies.
Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread about 1⁄2 cup sauce on the bottom. Cover with 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, breaking them up as needed. Then layer on 1/3 of the ricotta veggie mixture. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the mozzarella. Cover with 1/3 of remaining sauce. Repeat to create 3 layers.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Let rest 1 full hour before serving. This will help the lasagna set.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.