This recipe for Slow Cooker Tomato Chipotle Chickpeas couldn't be easier and is delicious for tacos, burrito bowls, or served over creamy polenta.
I am always on the lookout for tasty meatless taco fillings since we host taco nights regularly and there are always at least a few vegetarians. Normally I make a simple filling of grilled or roasted veggies tossed with black beans, but I am always trying to come up with something more exciting and these tomato chipotle chickpeas are just that. Smoky and spicy from the chipotle peppers, they are amazing stuffed into a taco with a simple slaw, some chopped avocado, or queso fresco.
Slow Cooker Tomato Chipotle Chickpeas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 U onion, minced
- 3 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Add everything to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 4 hours. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and chipotle if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.