Quinoa, white beans, tomatoes, and basil combine to make the perfect slow cooker soup. It's warm, hearty, nutritious, and perfect after a long day with some crusty bread and lots of Parmesan cheese. You can easily substitute the white beans for any other beans you like and kale, spinach, chard, or any other hearty green will work. Also for a creamy version of the soup, consider blending the beans with some broth and adding them in the last hour of cooking. It will make a creamier version of the soup without adding any calories or high fat dairy.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Tomato, Basil, and Quinoa Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 28 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 20 oz. canned white beans
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 U bay leaves
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb. kale (or spinach)
- 1/4 cup basil (or more)
- Add everything to the slow cooker except the fres basil. Cook on low for 6 hours or until quinoa is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.