Slow Cooker Sundays: Sloppy Joes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 3 U cloves garlic
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (or Stevia, honey, maple syrup)
- Salt to taste
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat and transfer to the slow cooker.
Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients to create your sloppy joe sauce.
Pour the sloppy joe sauce over the browned beef and stir together. Cook on low for 6-8 hours to get all the flavors to combine. Let settle for five minutes before serving. Consider serving on browned rolls, over pasta, or over a lower carb option like cauliflower rice or spaghetti squash.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.