videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Sunday: Beef Stroganoff
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 1/2 lb extra lean eye of round beef roast
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz mushrooms of your choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 3 tbsp flour (leave out or use 1 tbsp. arrowroot for low-carb)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat cream cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 U bay leaf
Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper.
Add the beef, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
Stir together the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, broth, and flour. Add to the slow cooker along with the bay leaf.
Cook on low for 8 hours. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, and thyme.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.