I never really thought about cooking tofu in the slow cooker since I assumed it might just become a mushy mess. However doing some research, it turns out that you can make some pretty delicious tofu in the slow cooker. I find that pressing the tofu first helps the tofu to stay firm even with 4 hours of cooking. This recipe is inspired by an Asian style sesame barbecue sauce and uses sesame oil, brown sugar, Hoisin sauce, ginger, and orange juice to create a slightly sweet sauce. It's delicious with the tofu and makes a special vegetarian or vegan meal.
Slow Cooker Sesame Tofu
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 28 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 U onion, sliced
- 8 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (or honey, Stevia, agave)
- 1/2 U orange (juice only)
- 4 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.