Salsa verde is one of my favorite flavor profiles - I just love the combination of tangy tomatillos with spicy jalapenos and cilantro. For that reason, it is one of my favorite things to use for a recipe base. This simple slow cooker chili is built around the flavors of salsa verde paired with white beans, quinoa, and some extra flavor from poblano and jalapeno peppers. You can make it as spicy as you like by choosing a spicy salsa and using extra jalapenos or poblanos. For a milder version, substitute regular green bell peppers for the poblano peppers.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde White Bean & Quinoa Chili
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 U poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 24 oz. canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup quinoa
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir together. Cook on low for 3-4 hours until quinoa is tender. Add more vegetable broth for a thinner chili if desired.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.