When its cold outside, I love making warm and heart stuffed peppers in the slow cooker for an easy dinner. These are stuffed with tomatoes, corn, white beans, brown rice, and cheese. Feel free to add in other veggies as well if you like. Then they cook low and slow in the crock pot until tender. These freeze great as well.
Slow Cooker Rice Stuffed Peppers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5 U green peppers, tops and seeds removed
- 3 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 U sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Cook the rice according to package directions.
Combine the tomatoes, corn, onion, beans, cheese, olives, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Stuff mixture into peppers.
Pour water and ¼ cup crushed tomatoes into the slow cooker. Place peppers in the slow cooker. Top the peppers with remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.