This past week a close friend was having a rough week and I wanted to make her something delicious so she didn't have to worry about dinner on top of everything else going on. Since she is a vegetarian and loves curry, I knew I wanted to make something with chickpeas and curry. So when I saw this recipe on Cookin Canuck, it was the perfect solution. I love how an apple is used in place of the traditional brown sugar to sweeten things up. I also love that it is packed with veggies. This curry can be made using Thai or Indian curry, depending on what you prefer. It freezes great so don't be scared to make up a big batch and freeze individual servings for quick lunches.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 U onion, diced
- 1 U apple, diced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/16 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (Indian or Thai)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 4 cups spinach
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.