Even though it's been warm out lately, I have been craving this Slow Cooker Quinoa Tortilla Soup. Something about the spiciness of the soup paired with some creamy avocado, sour cream, or crumbly cheese tastes good whether it is hot or cold out. The other amazing thing about this soup is that all the hard work is done for you from the slow cooker. You get deep, rich flavors without having to stand over the stove for hours. Depending on how much spice you like, you may want to add more chili powder or leave the seeds in the jalapenos.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U onion, diced
- 1 U green pepper, diced
- 2 U jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 24 oz. canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder (more to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- Salt and pepper
Add everything to the slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on high for 6 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.