I am always on the hunt for delicious meatless taco filling since I am it's easy to get sick of black beans and corn. Recently I have fallen back in love with lentils and loved the idea of creating a taco filling with lentils, quinoa, and lots of spices. To make sure the flavors deepen, I like to cook it low and slow in the slow cooker. This ensures the taco filling is full of flavor. I also like to add some fire roasted tomatoes since they add a nice smoky note to the recipe. If you can't find fire roasted tomatoes, you could just use a little extra cumin to add plenty of smoky flavor. Wrapped up in tortillas or piled high into a burrito bowl, this is one yummy vegetarian taco filling.
Slow Cooker Quinoa Lentil Taco Filling
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup dry lentils
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 20 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (more to taste, remove seeds to less heat)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 U Salt and pepper, to taste
Add everything to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.