I have always had a thing for sesame chicken and often make this version when I am craving it but don't want to indulge. However lately I have been loving this slow cooker version that allows me to leave the kitchen and come home to a completed dinner. Normally I serve it with some cauliflower rice and veggies but it's also delicious in salads, wraps, tacos, and lettuce wraps.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Sesame Ginger Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 U packets Stevia (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
Mix together the soy sauce, chicken broth, Stevia, orange juice, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours until the chicken is fully cooked. Slice or shred.
Optional: Want a thicker sauce? Add the sauce from the slow cooker to a small pot. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile combine 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp. cold water. Add to the boiling sauce and stir well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
Want it crispy? Spread the chicken on a baking sheet covered with foil and broil for 3-4 minutes or until crispy.
Top with sesame seeds.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.