I love everything about this hearty lentil chili. First and foremost, it is just so easy to make. Ten minutes of prep and then you just dump everything into the slow cooker and let it do its thing. Between all the tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and spices - you get a really amazing meatless chili that will keep you full for hours. Top it with creamy avocado, shredded cheese, scallions, chives, or my favorite - some fresh pineapple!
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Lentil Chili
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U onion, diced
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 U green pepper, chopped
- 1 U carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 30 oz. canned tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 30 oz. canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. dry lentils, rinsed
- 20 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
Add everything to the slow cooker and stir. Cook on low for 6 hours or until lentils are tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.