I have always loved eggplant and it's my usual go to when making Italian inspired vegetarian dishes. In this simple slow cooker dish, the eggplant adds a great earthy flavor to the lentils and cooks enough to almost disappear into the tomatoes and lentils. You can leave the peel on or off when you cook it, but I normally peel the eggplant since it becomes so tender in the recipe. This is great on it's own or served over a nice bowl of sauteed kale or spinach.
Slow Cooker Italian Eggplant and Lentils
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 cups eggplant, cubed (peel if you like)
- 1.5 cups dry lentils
- 1 U onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp. fresh basil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.